Entrepreneurship and the Anderson Institute
The James and Patricia Anderson Engineering Ventures Institute was established to advance Wayne State University’s important role in contributing to the growth and revitalization of Detroit and the university’s overall vision to become the pre-eminent public research university in the nation.
Read more about their Mission and Vision here.
The James and Patricia Anderson Engineering Ventures Institute is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for funding projects leading to the commercialization of engineering technologies and innovations. We welcome both new project applications and applications for continuing funding for projects funded in previous rounds. To indicate your interest in Anderson Institute funding opportunities please complete this brief online interest form.
The anticipated award levels depend on the stage of commercialization and how the funds will be used to advance the project and overcome obstacles to commercialization. The anticipated funding levels are:
- Basic Research: $0
- Application Research and Development: $1,000 to $10,000
- Commercialization Investigation: $1,000 to $5,000
- Commercial Product Development: $5,000 to $25,000
- Market Testing and Validation: $5,000 to $25,000
- New Commercial Venture Launch : $5,000 to $75,000
Partners and resources
Wayne State University College of Engineering students, alumni and faculty members have direct access to a wide range of business incubators, partner services, mentors and advocates both on and off campus. Whether you need funding, advice or assistance in making your product a reality, our university offices, partners and friends can help you make it happen.
Partners and related resources:
- The Front Door
- The Anderson Institute
- Wayne Law Small Business Clinic
- Warrior Fund
- Technology Commercialization Office
- WSU Career Services Office
- College of Engineering Career Resource Center
- Engineering Graduate Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate (forthcoming)
- Business School Entrepreneurship and Innovation Certificates
- Program for Entrepreneurship and Business Law
More information available on their website.